It’s Monday, September 10, 2018! Download the episode on iTunes here. (Or check it out on your favorite podcast app.)
- With a recent rise in discussion surrounding concussion management & return to school/ sport, the CDC has released a new set of guidelines for physicians, patients & parents. The guidelines have been published in JAMA Pediatrics and are available for no cost. Find them here.
- The American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists has opened elections for secretary and nominating committee. Check out the candidates here.
- There will be a NuMotion Fair in Boston on October 12th, which will feature Go Baby Go! Check it out here.
- The Sacramento Zoo welcomed a Snow Leopard cub on May 6th, with hopes of saving the endangered species. The cub is getting PT 1st to help with “swimmer’s legs.” Full story here.
- The California Physical Therapy Association will be holding their annual Assembly of Representatives on Sept 21, 2018. We’ll keep you updated as the this story develops.
- JOSPT has released a clinical practice guideline for ACL rehabilitation. John LaRue will be giving us the highlights in the near future, but check it out over at JOSPT.org in the meantime!
STAND: The Haiti Project with Whitney Doiron:
We’ve wrapped up our series on STAND: The Haiti Project! You can check out all the episodes at talusmedia.org/stand. Whitney joins the newscast today to chat about lessons learned while making this series, and the best way to listen.
Talus Media News is a subsidiary of Talus Media: The PT News Project. You can find all interviews mentioned in this newscast on our sister channel, Talus Media Talks. Check us out on Twitter & Facebook @TalusMedia.