It’s Monday, September 17, 2018! Download the episode on iTunes here. (Or check it out on your favorite podcast app.)
- The International Association for the Study of Pain met last week in Boston, MA. Check out the website here.
- Follow #IASPCongress on Twitter.
- The Apple Watch has been approved as a medical device: it’s the first over-the-counter EKG! Check it out here, and you can join the Apple Heart study here.
- APTA Awards Nominations open now! Nominate the awesome PTs in your life here.
Gun Violence with Todd Davenport, PT, DPT, MPH, OCS (@sunsopeningband)
In this episode, Todd Davenport joins host Rachel Jermann to break down the social determinants of health (#sdoh), and the impact of gun violence on physical therapists. They discuss the following questions:
- What are the social determinants of health?
- We have to help the patient in front of us…but how does that translate to helping solve the “upstream” issues?
- Gun control has been a political hot topic with the recent spate of shootings. How does gun violence impact the PT profession?
Talus Media News is a subsidiary of Talus Media: The PT News Project. You can find all interviews mentioned in this newscast on our sister channel, Talus Media Talks. Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram.