It’s Monday, September 24, 2018! Download the episode here on iTunes or here on Stitcher (or where ever you listen!)
- This year’s Flash Action Strategy focuses on the #ChoosePT campaign. For scripting, and to learn more, check it out here. The big day is Sept 26-27th! (This coming Wed-Thurs)
- Rehab Therapists Give Back, an initiative started at last year’s Ascend conference, is giving back to those affected by Hurricane Florence. To learn more check out this APTA article; click here to give.
From Across the States:
- Opioid update: The US Surgeon General has released a digital postcard on opioids.
- California bans short term insurance plans & MediCal work requirements. While short term plans may seem more attractive because they are cheaper, they often lack benefits such as maternity coverage and coverage for pre-existing conditions.
- The Women in PT Summit finished up this weekend. We’re collecting stories from this conference–if you’d like to share, please message on Facebook!
- The California Physical Therapy Association held their annual Assembly of Reps Sept 20-21. We’ll be gathering more information; for perspective on the gun control debate within the profession, take a listen to Todd Davenport, PT, DPT on the role of the PT in gun control.
New Resource Alert: Pain Management in Home Health
Jamie Lowy, PT, MSPT & Ken Miller, PT, DPT hop on the mic to tell us about the newest resource for home health (though it’s definitely not the first). The pain management resource is available for free on the Home Health website.
Talus Media News is a subsidiary of Talus Media: The PT News Project. You can find all interviews mentioned in this newscast on our sister channel, Talus Media Talks. Check us out on Twitter & Facebook @TalusMedia.