It’s Monday, October 1, 2018! Download the episode here on iTunes or here on Stitcher (or where ever you like to listen).
- National Physical Therapy Month kicks off today. Want to know how you can get involved? Check out the APTA’s website here.
- Utah joins 5 other states in issuing PT Compact privileges. Remember, your home state must be in one of those 6 states in order to qualify for compact privileges. For up-to-date information on states issuing privileges, join the PT Compact mailing list.
- All Maryland physical therapists must be approved to continue dry needling starting today, or face legal ramifications. If you have questions, please contact the APTA of MD.
- The Public-Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF) released an audit, which found that of 28,000 applicants, only 96 borrowers had their loans forgiven. 70% were not eligible based on type of loan or place of employment, while 28% failed to complete the correct paperwork.
- Reader’s Digest: open mouth, insert foot (unless you’re over 50, then you should never do that move). The magazine published an article entitled “14 Exercises to Never Do Over the Age of 50.” Needless to say, the PT community had something to say about it:
PT Day of Service with Matt Downey & April Fajardo
When: Saturday, October 13, 2018
Where: Everywhere! You can find events in your area on the PT Day of Service website.
More information: ptdayofservice.com
Make sure to hashtag your photos and posts! #PTDOS
Talus Media News is a subsidiary of Talus Media: The PT News Project. You can find all interviews mentioned in this newscast on our sister channel, Talus Media Talks. Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram @TalusMedia.