It’s Monday, October 29, 2018: Download the episode here on iTunes or here on Stitcher (or, where ever you listen!)
- Want to win a ticket to the PT-PAC party at CSM? We’re excited to announce our #PTVotes2018 Contest. We want to reward you for voting!
- You can find all the rules and the entry form on our #PTVotes2018 contest page, but here’s the rundown:
- WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Go vote. Head to the polls, mail your ballot, whatever you need to do!
- Take a selfie. It can be you rocking your “I Voted” sticker, you at the polls, you mailing your ballot… go to town! Post it on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter, tagging Talus (@talusmedia) AND using the hashtag #PTVotes2018. YOU WILL GET AN ENTRY FOR EVERY PLATFORM ON WHICH YOU SHARE
- Fill out this entry form! (We WILL NOT sell your email address to a third party. You will receive our newsletter–if you hate it, just click “unsubscribe”!)
- When it comes to researching where you candidates stand on health care, where do you go? We recommend this Kaiser Family Foundation resource, which covers key health care issues, including pre-existing conditions, the individual insurance market, Medicare-for-all (single payer system), abortion and reproductive health, Medicaid Expansion, and other changes to the program.
- CMS to allow subsidies for short term health plans; plans to go into effect in 2020.
- (Reminder that open enrollment is ongoing in some states and starting soon in others!)
This week, Chris Condran, PT, DPT, trans-man, and member of PT Proud joins us to discuss the latest news on transgender identity. We encourage you to check out the full Facebook Live here, and the web page for a full list of resources on practicing inclusive care.
~Thanks for listening!~